Sunday, February 28, 2016

February 26, 2016- 1 MTC- CHECK!!

Oi Familia!

Wow there is so much to say about this week I that I don´t even know where to begin! Although I have only been in the MTC a week and a half, I feel like I have leared so so much. 

So my campanions name is Sister Bavu and like I said she is from South Africa. I totally going to be honest and say that it hasn´t been easy. Not only do we have to be together 24/7, but our personalities and  cultures clash  all the time. I have been praying to heavenly father so much to help  me learn more patience and understanding. Especially last week I felt as though I could in no way get through six whole weeks with her...but Heavenly Father has help me SO MUCH. Not only can I now stand her, but I like her now! hahha we admited to eachother that we fight because it´s like we are actual sisters instead of trying to be ´fake´. She even said that I remind her of her younger sister so I guess that´s a compliment.....maybe? But I know that she was placed to be my companion for a reason, because I am learning so many important attributes that will help me with my futher companions. 

So Portuguese. Learning is super difficult, but I am progressing so much! Our first day here we had to teach an investigator in english which was so amazing. I could feel the spirit working though me, giving me promtings and revelations about what to say at the exact moment. Our second day here we had to teach the investigator in PORTUGUESE for 30 minutes!!! ahhhh super super hard. 

Last sunday, our district decided that we would all choose to fast to give us a little boost for the gift of tongues.  Saturday night I prayed like I have never before, pleading with Heavenly Father that if I did my part by working hard and studing Portugese, that he would help me along the way with the ability to memorize and continue to have the desire to learn portugese. I also asked for some way for me to know that he was listening, I wanted to know that my Heavenly Father was there, listening to my prayers. Well, the next morning I woke up and my tongue was like a tingly numb.....and it was like that ALL day.....the whole day I was confused because my tongue had never felt that way before. Then it hit me that maybe that was my confirmation!! haha I know that it sounds crazy weird.....but it definantly confirmed to me that Heavenly Father loved me personally and is aware of my needs.

I already love it here, and I am so glad that I finally made the choise to serve the lord. Although there have been days where I´ve felt discouraged and helpless,I have come to realize that with the Lord on your side, anything is possible. With his help, I know that Portuguese will come, and I will be able to touch the hearts of those in Brazil. I read in preach my gospel that when you become discouraged, your faith decreaes. I never want to feel as though my faith is decreaseing, or that I am growing apart from my heavenly father. 

I am living each day here with no regrest, hitting the pillow each night with the satisfaction that I worked the hardest that I could. I love this gospel, and my testimony has grown so much about my heavenly fathers love for all his children. Only 5 more weeks in the MTC baby, then i´m hitting the streets.

Thank you all SO much for your prayers, love, and emails. I definantly feel your support each and every day.

I would love to send pictures......but we aren~t allowed :( 

Com amor,

Sister Hannah


p.s- I don]t know how to manage time...ill be better next week! Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment