Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May 22, 2017

Família,
Hope that you all are doing well, it looks like Seth and Megans reception was gorgeous! 
Here are some highlights of this week:
-This week we taught Tamiris for the second time, and we were very impressed with her progress. The first time we visited her she said that she had never prayed before or even entered a church in her whole life. This week she said that she had prayed, and asked Heavenly Father if he was really there. Her words were very touching when she said, “I know that he was listening.” Our lesson with her was going well until we heard loud foot steps approaching....her husband. Who is pretty much anti religion, anti-God. When he saw us there, he started literally started shaking with anger, entered the house, and slammed the door after him (basically locking us in)There were so many thoughts running through my mind as to what would happen, but I put my trust in the Lord that he would protect us. After many minutes of repeatidly screaming and then silence, we got up, thanked Tamiris and told her that everything would be alright, and left. Let´s just say that the scene was super tense... Poor Tamiris obviously is so unhappy with him, and it made me sad that she was put into that position. But I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for her, and we will for sure visit her again.
-I have been learning a bit more about patience and I just loved this quote from President Monson, “Life is full of difficulties, some minor and others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such challenges, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virture of patience is required.” I know that patience truly is an atribute necessary for the Celestial kingdom, and we need to stive to have patience with each and person. I often think about the patience that Heavenly Father has with us! We are always making mistakes, again and again, and yet he is patience and willing to forgive us as many times as necessary. 
-This week my testimony of establishing goals has grown even stronger. I know that our goals reflect our greatest dreams and the desires of our hearts. They are a vision of what we want to accomplish, and attain. As Elder Ballard said, “When one learns to máster the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life”. Each day we set goals of how many baptisimal dates we will set, how many new investigators we will meet, how many lessons, etc and throughout the day we are determined to reach these goals. I am so greatful that my misison has taught me to live an organized life, and to challenge myself to go beyond my limits. I have learned that when we do all that we can, the Savior will make up for the rest that we lack. 
-I know that when life gets hard, we need to remmber the WHY. When we have doubts or feel discouraged, we need to remember that the reason we need to keep trying is because of Christ. He knows what we are going thourgh, and He is the only one who who knows exactly how we feel. Trust in him and he will guide your path. 
I just love being a missionary, and to help the Lord in his urgent work! I am learning so much, and truly depending to trust in the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength!!

Love you all!!
Sister Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment