Monday, May 16, 2016

May 16, 2016

Yes, I have AWESOME news, and that is that we had our first baptism here in Gramado, and my first baptism here on the mission! Woshington is 12 years old and is such an amazing and inteligent young man. His parents are not members, and he has two younger siblings that are 5 and 2. He starting coming to church with a member, because he didn´t like the church that his parents attended. When we asked why he didn´t like that church, he simply responded "Because they don´t talk about Jesus Christ there," He is such an example to me of doing what´s right, and having a desire to follow Christ.

I also especially love his prayers. He is so sincere and has such strong faith. In his prayers with us, he prays that he will be able to serve a mission and spread the truth that he has learned. I know that he will make a huge difference in building the Lord´s kindgom here on the earth.

He was baptized on sunday, and wow was that such a special experience for me. Our President of our branch here baptized him, and we also had many members there for support! Woshington was just glowing, and I know that he will remember that day forever.

Sunday I also had the opportunity to give a talk in church! I talked about the experience that I had my first week here.

How it was general conference and how I was so sad and frustrated that I could not understand any portuguese. And how the lord grandted me with a miracle of understanding every single word of the talk given by Jeffery Holland. I know for a fact that Heavenly father knows each of us personally, and he knows what we are going through. All he wants is that we trust in him, and do our very best. I talked about the tender mercies of the Lord and how with the strength of the lord, anything is possible. (alma 26:12, 27) Also to have patience in our trails! I was so happy because people actually understood me! I got many (pitty) complitments on my portuguese....liars. bahah but it was great!

This week was amazing!! Love you all, no time to talk, i´ve got work to do, and lives to help change! :)

Sister Hannah

P.S.  I want to start giving you guys chapters of the Book of Mormon to read each week! (same chapters that President Campos gives to us. so that we can read together)







No comments:

Post a Comment