Monday, April 24, 2017

April 24, 2017

Minha Família!

This week week was incredible, full of many learning experiences and miracles! Here are some highlights:

-First learning experience, dogs are not my thing. I love campo bom, but I swear there are more dogs than people in the city, it´s insane! Sister Sá and I got attacked by 4 angry little-ones. Lucky she beat them off with her umbrella and book of mormon while I ran off calling for someone to save us....hahah these dogs! 

-Adriana our recent convert and her family are progressing more and more. This week she gave the prayer at the adult session of Stake Conference. We weren´t there, but we were told that it was such a powerful prayer that even had people crying. I know that the Lord prepars his children for the true gospel! Her husband, João recieved the priesthood, and I know that their family will be so blessed.

-Sister Sá and I were invited to participate in the Men´s Priesthood session of Stake Conference, super legit! Along will all the other elders in our Zone. It was all about missionary work and really getting the members involved.

-Stake conference Sunday was also ALL about missionary work. I love how the new brazil-area goal is to get the members to be activly involved in Inviting friends to church, and giving references to the missionaries. There was also a training of how to treat investigators when they get to church for the first time. 

Something that caught my attention when Presdient Campos said, " if the Savior was only the earth, what would he be doing? Knocking doors, and teaching his gospel for the salvation of souls." If we want to be like Christ, we need to do as he would! Follow His footsteps and share the gospel! There are so many people passing trails, and they need more than anying the joy and hope of the gospel. Each of us has the sacred responsability to share the gospel in these last days.

Excited for Alan to be baptized sunday! He is the father of a recent convernt, Amanda. He has lived a rough life, espcially because his dad gave him drugs when he was only 7 years old. He has been addicted for over 25 years, but finally stopped for 4 years now. He is so excited to be baptized and start his new life following Christ! 

Seeing lives change is increadible! One of the greatest privlages I have. I know that Christ lives! I know that my Savior walks at my side every step of the way. I love my Heavenly Father, and his Son.

I love you family!!

Sister Hannah




No comments:

Post a Comment