Sunday, June 5, 2016

May 31, 2016


WOW!! What a week!!

This week was truely amazing, and full of blessings and miracles! First, my companion and I had our second baptism here in Gramado!! NOEMIR is 45 years old, and has such a desire to change his life. He had an accident when he was a truck driver, and because the accident, he cannot read anymore. But he says that when we just holds the book of mormon, his day always is better. He is so funny, he says that when every he says his prayers, he always lays out all the 6 pamplets we gave him and the book of mormon on his bed. He just adores pamplets and book of mormon, and although he can´t read them, he looks at them every single day, and carries them around with him throughout the day. Because he can´t read, we always read the book of mormon aloud with him, and he always has a huge grin. He has such bright light of christ, and love for the gospel.
I especially love his prayers. He always starts with "Vamo lá, PAI". He always is so sweet and sincere and HILARIOUS when he prays. He thanks God for sending 2 white, young missionaries, to teach him, a "preto, pobre, homen", and thanks God for chumarrão and lemon water to replace his morning coffee.

His baptism was so special, a day that I will always remember. I am so greatful that I was able to see a huge change in the life of Noemir, with the gospel in his life. I know that Heavenly Father loves every single one of his children, and desires that they all have this happiness that his church brings. I am truely so happy, and am loving every moment here in Brazil. Portuguese is coming along, and I know that with time I can become fluent!

Funnyish moment, this week at the grocery store a worker droped a huge box of melons, and I had the brilliant idea to try to catch it with my leg....well didn't turn out so well. Basically my whole shin turned into a huge purple bruise and lump. But, all is well!

So this week I met a brazilian who married her boyfriend (legally) when she was 14 years old and he was 24....bahhhh how do their parents approve of this???

Happy birthday this week to Baby William, Cece, and Daniel! Love you all! Hope your week is amazing!

Love,

Sister Hannah


A member here in Gramado is the boss of a chocolate Factory....which means chocolate for us :)




Andrea Brito and her mom visited me!! So wounderful to see a familiar face again!

No comments:

Post a Comment