Monday, October 31, 2016

October 31, 2016

Hey Fam!

Happy Halloween!! And happy birthday to my dear sister Ashley!!

It is getting hooooooooooottttt here in Nova PetrĂ³polis. The sun just beats on you all day and no matter how much water I drink, I feel like I just cannot get enough! yes, I will admit everyday I get a few more freckle friends......ahhh.

Here are some highlights of this week:

-Met an increadible family: Jefferson, Valquiria and their son Edwardo. Jefferson has an uncle who is a bishop is caixias and he said that he already went to church a few times before. But his wife and son knew absolutely nothing about the church. When we taught the restoration they just beamed. What an increadible message that us missionaries bring to the world. The marvelous notice that God once again called a prophet and 12 apostles on the earth. There is no greater news than that. At the end of the lesson we asked if we could do anything to help them. They immediantly responded, YES keep coming back.

-My favorite part of teaching is definantly stating joseph smiths words when heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him in the sacred grove. When we state the first vision, we like to show the picture of joseph praying. we do a nice little trick where we cover up heavenly father and jesus christ untill we get to that part. You know if a person is really interested or not by the look on their faces when we reveal that and God appeared to josph smtih and called him as a prophet.

We had one lady this week who had the most hilarious facial expression. Her jaw completely dropped, her eyes got super big, and she leaned in closer to get a better view of the picture. Her reaction totally threw me off and I could not stopping giggling. Love our messeage. I love that the restoration is a message of happiness, light, inspiration, love, comfort, and peace.

-Our leader of missionary work is just wonderful! But at times...he just makes my companion and i  laugh. Especially when in lessons he starts talking about deep doctrine (a missionaries nighmare), and when we ask investigators questions, he likes to answer them for himself. hahahha But he helps us so much and people really admire his testimony.

Something I learned this week is that God is a god of high epectations because he knows our devine potential. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the plan that transforms us to become what our heavenly father wants us to be. I feel so blessed to help his children to the truth. I love bringing the message of the atonment that in our trails, we can be strengthened and healed.

Something else that I learned is that we can either let our trails purify us, or destroy us. It is our choice. I know that we have trails and weakness so that we learn to rely on the Lord. In his strength we can do all things. I love my father in heaven, and I love my brother and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Time is passing too fast! loving life!

Love,

Sister Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment