Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 30, 2016-Puerto Alegre!

After 6 weeks in the missionary training center Hannah made it to Porto Alegre.

Her mission President and his wife sent us a letter in Portugeese saying how impressed he is with her already and not to worry because they would treat her like she was their own daughter.

Hannah's hand written letter in the PDF file below (wouldn't paste so I typed it up-sorry, not hand written) tell about her companion and new area. 


Family,
     I have finally arrived in Porto Alegre and it is absolutely beautiful! This morning I woke up at 4 a.m. which was difficult, but on the bright side, I got to fly Azul! Both of my bags weighted 25 kilos (way over the limit) but the sweet workers didn't even mention a word about it. and of Course the snacks on the flight strangely tasted like home because #1-I've had them before and #2 they remind me of you, Dad!
     My Mission President are honestly some of the sweetest people I have ever met and I feel so blessed to be in their mission. I especially love how cute they are with each other, they really adore each other. So today I got my companion! She is fromArgentina and has been on the mission for 8 months. At first I was a little worried because she isn't Brazilian, but her Portuguese actually sounds pretty perfect to me! She is so sweet and very welcoming. We will be serving in Granado which looks beautiful (look up pictures of the area and maps!)
     Crazy to think that from here on, no more speaking English. Today was pretty difficult because I didn't understand everything, but I'm trying to stay focused and not discouraged. When my mind starts doubting, I immediately replace that doubt/fear with faith and trust in the lord. All day today we had an orientation and training for the field, then tonight we have dinner at the President's house, and then SLEEP! Long day!
     Oh, I forgot to mention one of my favorite parts of today, going to the temple! We didn't get to go inside, but the outside is stunning. Since my area where I will be serving is pretty far, I won't be going to the temple while I am serving there. But once I serve in a closer area, we get to go pretty ofter.
     Love you family! Im working harder than I ever have because I am devoted to learning Portuguese and serving my God. I won't let him down, he has trusted me as his representative!
Tchau!
Love,
Sister Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment