Monday, August 8, 2016

July 31, 2016

So I don~t have a lot of time to write this week, so heres just a small update!

1.) this week a member of the quorum of the 70 came to speak in our ward!! (elder dias) one thing that I really liked is that he talked about the importance of fasting. It is so powerful, and when we sacrice for the lord, miracles will happen in our lives

2.) this morning i totally got electicuted!! I only plugged in the microwave, but I didn~t realize that I had a metal spoon in my hand, All of a sudden my whole body started shaking and I fell to the floor! Ahh strangest feeling EVER! Every part of my body just stung for the little... I started laughing so hard once I hit the floor....too bad none of my companions were there to see it!

3.) speaking of companions we got 2 new brasilians in gramado! one from recife, and one from são paulo! they are amazing!

4.) This week I LOVED being a missionary because I have the privlate to see people through the eyes of christ. It is just so shocking at some of the things that people tell us. For example, we are teaching someone for the first time, and they pour out their hearts to us. Issues with family, difficulties with work, sicknesses, divorce, deaths, etc. It is just incredible the trust that people have in us with such personal experiences. I love because a represenative of Jesus Christ, and being that hope and light that so many people are searching for. I love being able to help others, and being there to listen to them open their hearts to us.

5.) this week we talked to 2 peope who think that they have evil spirts in them.....strangest. experience. ever. we had our bishop give them a blessing, and it was such a powerful experience! I love the priestood power!

FAMILY I invite you all to do a fast. Fast specifically to have the courage to share the gospel and to meet a person who you can share the gospel with this week. Missionary work is not just done but missionaries. When we were baptized, we promised to take the name of christ upon us. This is all of our responsabilities! Help the lord in the most important work that exisists on the earth. You can do it! The lord is preparing so many people and he will place them in your path! Have courage!

Love you alll! I hope you have an amazing summer break!


Sister Hannah

p.-s I need an apple pie recipe for my bishop...in portugues please! also a filter water bottle, mine broke :(





No comments:

Post a Comment